Summer's craziness is winding down.
And now the garden is nearly all brown.
But why oh why do I still feel so drowned...
I've had a busy couple of weeks pulling the last of the harvest from the garden and preserving what I could. The frost took my green tomatoes before I could get to them. Maybe next year I'll can some green tomato mincemeat and relish.
I did put up some tomato sauce. I ran all of my tomatoes through a champion juicer. Then put the juice and remaining ingredients in a roaster at 200 - 250 degrees for 8 hrs or overnight (both temps seemed to work fine).
Over the weekend I cleaned out my freezer and removed last years raspberries and cherries. Then made a raspberry cherry syrup to put on pancakes an waffles. (Yes, I promise to post recipes, just not tonight :)
We raised watermelons in the greenhouse this year and I finally had a crop of watermelons. 10!!! A first for me, usually my watermelons almost get ripe then it turns cold :( So with all those melons I decided to make watermelon syrup (which the kids love) and watermelon pickles (which the kids don't love).
On the list for this weekend are pickled beets, canned carrots and apple something...
No comments:
Post a Comment